Saturday, October 29, 2005

Jobs, friends, mothers, birthdays, and betrayal...sounds like a hit to me!

     Tuesday I received a call from the Rent-A-Center in Vandalia about an application I turned in via Monster.com in early September. I went in for an interview because he told me how much starting pay is, and it’s even more than what Cooper B-Line starts out at. So, everything went great. I took their little test to see if I was qualified, and then had an actual interview, and he invited me in the next day to have another interview with his boss. I said sure. Had that interview, thought it went pretty well, and no one has called me since. I called yesterday trying to get a hold of the first guy I interviewed with (because his boss said that the store manager, the first guy, actually got to make the final decision) but he was out to lunch. I left a message, but he didn’t get back to me. I kinda knew it was too good to be true.

     Yesterday I had to work 11-4 at Casey’s, but neither the girl who was supposed to relieve me from the register (someone I considered a friend, but now that consideration is in question) and the girl who was supposed to come in and do pizzas never showed up, so I ended up staying until 6 trying to call people to come in. The manager finally had to hire back a girl who quit a little while back to come in and make pizza. It was nuts. I was supposed to go shopping with my sister in Springfield, but she understandably had to leave without me because I didn’t know what time I was getting off. I finally did, then when she came back, we all went to the bar and had a few drinks ( I had vodka and 7up with a twist) and then I went home and had my first full night of sleep in about 3 days. We’ve all been staying up until about 3 o’clock in the morning playing cards. As a side note, I think I’m doing pretty well. I have yet to go out first (knock on wood.)

     So today, I have to make pizza from 10-2, and then my career at Casey’s is officially over. My last day before I start working at B-Line on Monday. And then later at about 4, we are all going to Six Flags. One of our friends got free tickets and is generously taking us all, we just have to drive. Fine with me. LOL

     P.S. Angie – how can you say that Adam finally got to see how unlucky you are? As far as I can tell, Adam got to see how exciting your life is! And he must be a nice guy if he emailed you to ask you if you were okay the next day! I can’t believe you never told me about this date! What happened to Wes? Love you!

     P.P.S. Today is my mom’s birthday and I’m completely broke and have no idea what to get for her. A card that says, “Dear Mom, thanks for all the money you’ve been giving me lately and the round-about gift of laundry detergent. Happy Birthday!”? Boo. Boooo!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a crazy week I guess. Adam emailed me Monday, and from then on it was work, school, reply to figure out plans, and by the time Wednesday was over, it was Thursday, and I'm not sure where the time went. I'm glad you think my life is interesting.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home